Help For All Issues Involving Restraining Orders
Restraining orders, also called orders of protection, are designed to protect people from violence and harassment. When used improperly, they can also damage someone’s personal reputation. Whether you need to obtain a restraining order to protect yourself and the ones you love or you have been unfairly served with a restraining order, attorney Byron Danell can help.
At Southern Cal Criminal Defense, we can help you file a retraining order to put an end to domestic abuse and harassment. If someone in your life has filed a restraining order against you without justification, we can also help you set things right.
What To Know About Restraining Orders In California
Orders of protection are court orders that prohibit a certain person from stalking, harassing, threatening or attacking someone else. California offers several types of restraining orders:
- Civil harassment restraining orders
- Dependent adult restraining orders
- Domestic violence restraining orders
- Emergency protective orders
- Temporary restraining order
- Workplace violence restraining orders
There are two broad categories for orders of protection. They are:
- Domestic violence restraining orders: These orders are meant to protect you from the abuse of someone with whom you have an intimate or blood relationship, like a spouse, romantic partner or relative.
- Civil harassment restraining orders: If you do not have a close relationship with the person abusing you – for example, a roommate or coworker – you can use this type of restraining order.
Most orders direct the restrained person to cease contact, maintain a certain physical distance or move out of a shared residence.
Reach Out Now For Help
We understand that this may be one of the most frightening experiences of your life. Our founding attorney, Byron Danell, can address your concerns and answer your questions. He will help you tell your story and protect your future. You can reach out to Southern Cal Criminal Defense today to discuss your legal needs. Call 562-471-5550 or use our online contact form to schedule your initial consultation.